with Jan and Pete Girard, certified Laughter Yoga instructors
Jan and Pete kept us laughing with a “Hahaha”, “Hohoho”, “Hehehe”. We had an amazing workout. We laughed ourselves to a higher vibration. Heart-felt joy filled the air – a great way to start the week!
Jan sent to us this note:
- You will notice long moments of silence. At these times, the microphone was off as we engaged in the activity just described. One movement with laughter went right into another.
- Pay attention to your breathing. Breathe from your diaphragm rather than your chest.
- Be mindful of your body. Notice any pain you have now. And remember the mantra, “No new pain.”. If you feel new pain, stop, assess if you can safely make adaptations, and then execute stopping or adapting.
- Clap like a child with fingers out spread connecting your palms squarely.
- Be sure to stretch before you get started.
Ten minutes of laughter changes the body’s chemistry and releases healthy hormones. And, the body does not know the difference between genuine laughter and pretend laughter.
Laughter Yoga was created by Dr. Madan Kataria in Mumbai, India. He is a qualified physician and developed a new technique of Laughter, based on Yoga which can be enjoyed by anyone. Presently there are more than 5,000 Laughter Clubs all over the world. Dr. Kataria is also a corporate consultant for Holistic Health and Stress Management for a number of national and multinational companies and he conducts workshops world-wide.